Sunday, May 2, 2010

Virgina and Washington Trip

Arlington National Cemetary
Each of the tombstones have a symbol to show the soldiers religion, Angel Moroni is the one for the Mormons. The wreath and symbol is for a Military Nurse, also the statue in the bottom left is in a section of the cemetary dedicated to nurses. Audie Murphy son of poor Texas sharecroppers, rose to national fame as the most decorated U.S. combat soldier of World War II Manassas Civil War Battlefield

Interesting names and items around Washington DC

Gary was sent to Manassas, Virgina for work training and I tagged along for the week. I took the train into Washington to see some of the sights and we also met up with Elder & Sister England who are serving there on a mission. That was our favorite day there. Enjoy the collages.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Way cool pictures Jan! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Caden & Texie said...

Awesome Collages!! I love it! Thanks for the new post!!

Patsy Mecham said...

Wow! You did a nice job with your display of so many photos. Very interesting name photos.