Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day and memories

This is a great photo of a great lady in her "Derby Hat" that Riley had made last year. The photo was taken when we were in Kentucky last year for my graduation and also mother's day. We are all now praying for Grandma/Mom to get better. She usually can always muster up a great smile even when she is not feeling too well.
I found these two wooden guns that I had painted for Garrett & Caden for Christmas one year when they were about the ages in the photo's below. As you can see they are well used and worn from may days of playing with them. It brings back so many memories to me at being a mother with my young children. Many times I would love to go back to those days, and I love seeing my grandchildren as they are so full of energy and running around, making me also remember how tired I would be if I had to chase little ones all day again. I love being a mother, and I know I am not a perfect mother like everyone talks about on Mother's day, but I do love my children very much, and I've always tried to do my best.


Caden & Garrett April - June 1988- they really were great buds!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Those really are GREAT pictures. So cute! We hope you had a great Mother's Day. And I'm glad you're NOT a perfect mother because then I'd be extremely intimidated EVERY time I was around you, wondering if you were picking apart everything I wasn't doing perfectly. So thank you for being you! We love you!!

Caden & Texie said...

Diddo. Well said Joanne. I'm grateful to have you Jan!!

Katrina and James said...

Your a great mom, I love you. It was nice doing our El Matador tradition again I miss that.

Patsy Mecham said...

Very nice post. The perfect thing about being a Mom is our attempt at loving our children with all our hearts. We truly do.