Sunday, February 28, 2010

Passing Boards!


I know...slacker here has not posted for quite some time...like Halloween. I'll try to do better, so there are lots of things to catch up on. First milestone that happened was me passing my boards as and Acute Care Nurse Practioner...I'm official! It was the best feeling when I came out of the test at the U of U testing center and the girl who was proctering the test told me that the minimum score was 350 and my score was 424! I just started to cry, jump up and down, and then gave this stranger (the proctor) a hug. It was such a relief and pure joy to know I was done and did not have to stress about studying anymore! It has been a long 4 years of this "nagging...I need to study" and now I am free to do things I want with any spare time I have. Funny how quickly the time spent doing school is absorbed into various aspects of life.


I had already been working as an NP (Nurse Practioner) since the first part of October since the State of Utah gives you an "intern" license to work under until you pass your boards. I finally took my boards on December 23, so it was one of the best Christmas presents ever. I'm working 3 days/ week for Drs. Carl Gray and Harold Johnson at UHO (Utah Hematology Oncology). I love the patients and getting to know them. The work is interesting and I continue to learn things everyday. The staff are all wonderful to work with too. Such nice people! Check me out on their web site at http://www.utahhemonc.com/03_physicans.htm. I also still assist in the OR 2-3 days each week, so it is a great mix. The staff at ORMC are also very nice. Life is good!

2 comments:

Patsy Mecham said...

Wonderful-Wonderful-Wonderful!!!
You are a new person.

Caden & Texie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!