Sunday, August 24, 2008

Top of Utah Half Marathon



This year for a change of pace, scenery, and saving $$ we decided to do the Logan Half Marathon this past Saturday. Goldie (age 70), Patsy, Jan, and Katrina all participated. Katrina was the only "runner" out of the group and she finished with a time of 2:10. Today she is paying for it by limping around and now she is taking a nap after work. Patsy and Jan finished with times around 3:17 (Jan just a few seconds before Patsy). Our time last year was 3:15. We were a little more relaxed this time, so we were happy with this time. Goldie finished around 3:32, but she won 2nd place in her age category!

We stayed Friday night at Goldies house in Hyde Park where she was such a gracious hostess. We had to meet at the Providence Zollinger park at 5:30 AM to catch buses up Blacksmith Fork Canyon (the canyon to Harware Ranch). The course began at the Hyrum Power plant and ended at the Park in Providence. If you would like to see a map click the link http://www.topofutahmarathon.com/halfmap.pdf. It was a beautiful route down the canyon with perfect weather too. If someone would of said I was going to walk 13.1 miles three years ago I would not of believed them...but look at things now...I've done it three times and plan to do it again. Next time my goal is to do it in less than 3 hours. Not bad for some "old ladies"!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I agree! I think you did a great job! I hope I'm willing to walk a half marathon when I'm your age!!