For the past 6-8 months 3500 youth from 33 stakes in northern Utah have been putting blood, sweat, tears, and about a million rehearsal hours in the “Arise and Shine Forth Youth Spectacular.” 170 full time missionaries and the Weber State Institute choral and dance groups also participated, coming together to present one of the most incredible productions Ogden has ever seen. All that effort culminated this Friday and Saturday night as they performed at Weber State’s football stadium. An estimate of around 45,000 people came to see them in this 2 night spectacular, and set the all time attendance record at Weber State University. The event was stunning from start to finish.
Pre-earth life portrayal , They also portrayed the war in heaven.
Then they peeled off their outer layer to these bright outfits.
The West council (Ours), featured singing and dancing from Pioneers, the Twenties, Fifties, and then “Our time” with Hip/Hop.
Notice that the girls turned their skirts inside out to white for the dance below.

Notice that the girls turned their skirts inside out to white for the dance below.![]() |
| The "roaring" 20's... |
![]() |
| The "nifty Fifties"... Look for Carson holding a record with a turquoise center. |
![]() |
![]() |
| The fulltime missionaries also participated...Check out the ones from Polynesia! |

The South council celebrated the restoration of the gospel in different countries- western outfits for USA, Scotland, New Guinea, Africa, South America and India
We were told about this production earlier this year and we were to encourage our youth to participate. Carson had flatly said he was not interested at first and just before Mother’s day in May he was singing some of the songs and talking about going to a practice for Arise. I became so excited when he had said that he was going to be a part of Arise…I just cried and told him that was the best Mother’s day gift he could give me. Last night after the final production he told me “Happy Mother’s Day” and again I had tears in my eyes. Those who missed the show missed out on a great opportunity. Carson asked if any of his siblings had come and then he said: “The whole world needed to hear of this great message!” He was “pumped” with the spirit…it was great; you could just feel the energy all around and coming from him. He also made such a handsome “Fifties” guy with his white T-shirt and rolled up sleeves, slicked back hair, and cuffed Levis. Saying that it was AMAZING doesn’t even begin to describe it! They all did so well, and it came together to truly make a spectacular show. I was so glad I got the opportunity to go and see this amazing show! The spirit was so strong! I loved the whole pre-earth life portrayal from the North council. The West council, featured singing and dancing from Pioneers, the Twenties, Fifties, and then “Our time” with Hip/Hop. The South council celebrated the restoration of the gospel in different countries- western outfits for USA, Scotland, New Guinea, Africa, South America and India. It was breathtaking!! I also loved the finale when all 3500 youth were together on the football field, marching in with all the missionaries in our area singing Called to Serve. And when they all knelt down at the feet of the Savior with their lights…. amazing!! There were so many other parts I liked, but most of all I was impressed with the youth that put so much time and effort into it! They even got teenage boys out there dancing! Amazing! They all knew what they were supposed to do and they did it with exactness! So proud of them and so glad I got to go! Grandma Zola also enjoyed the event on Saturday night.
Check out this cool Blog that also has some of the music they sang.
/http://www.arisewestcouncil.blogspot.com/
Or here's another to the Church News article. http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/59637/3500-Utah-youth-Arise-as-one-in-Ogden-spectacular.html










1 comment:
Wow! Thanks for sharing all those fun pictures. I still feel bad that we weren't able to make it work out to come down for it. It sure looks like it was amazing! Carson looks great too!
Post a Comment