Monday, March 2, 2009

Africa

This is a group photo from our Africa trip. I'm sitting on top to the far left.
Typical view of loading up a van or truck. This one is not even stacked that high compared to most.

This is my good friend Safaeta at her home in Mali. She is muslim, and always wears the head covering. The little boy is one of her sons named Shrek...


This is a stove where they are cooking their morning breakfast.




And this woman is mixing this grain mixture up for their breakfast.











This is a typical morning view...a mother nursing her little one, breakfast tea warming on the little stove beside her, and the toddler on the "potty" chair.







So I've been bugged by others that I need to post a bit about my most recent Africa trip, so heres a little and a few photos. This first one is a common site there, a very young girl caring for a very young baby.

4 comments:

Caden & Texie said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES JAN!! I need to sit and look at all of them. I love the last one of the little girl, she is so pretty. Thanks for sharing!! -Tex

Stacy Clayburn said...

Wow! I can't believe those vans packed up. The pictures are so neat. Sure makes us appreciate what we have. Keep up the good work!

Patsy Mecham said...

Just wanted you to know that I was here and looked at your new posting. Good job.

Caden & Texie said...

Hey Jan - I tagged you about a month ago... get busy!!