Friday, December 12, 2008






On Friday, December 5th I received a call from the office of Walquist Jr. High saying that Carson had been playing football at lunch and was now in the office, white as a ghost, and he thinks he has broken his right arm. Katrina jumped at the chance to go pick him up for me and when I saw his right arm I could also tell that it was broken. After calling around to a few Ortho offices and finding that they are all gone at noon on Fridays, we went to the North Ogden insta care. Dr. Tyler Dixon saw him, had films taken, and confirmed the fracture. He put him in a long arm splint and we were on our way, just in time for me to make it to the annual roomate party. Later he called Gary back to let us know that we needed to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday morning. On Saturday I got a hold of Dr. James Adams while he was out pheasant hunting and made arrangements to be in his office early Monday morning. He did a local hematoma block in the office and then a closed reduction of the fracture, making the bones line up perfectly. Carson is now sporting a festive long arm cast for the next 3 weeks, when he should be changed to a short arm cast for another three weeks. He says the kids at school comment on his cool colored cast. Check out the x-rays and picture of Carson.

No comments: